Emily is available to speak on the topics of space exploration, scientific literacy, and equality in STEM. Her previous audiences have included students K-12, college students, K-12 teachers, educational administrators, and the general public.
Emily can cater her talk to your audience, but in general, these are the topics that she's spoken on before.
- "Twitter Battling with Famous Rappers - and Other Adventures I've Had as a Science Communicator"
- "Inspiring STEM Literacy through Space Exploration"
- "The Importance of STEM Literacy"
- "How to Be an Effective Science Communicator"
- "The Benefits of Space Exploration"
- "Space Exploration for the Next Generation: Why Space Exploration is More Exciting Today Than Ever Before"
- "The Challenges in Getting Millennials Excited about STEM"
- "How to Get Students Excited About STEM: How I Hesitantly Joined STEM and Why I Enthusiastically Stayed"
- "Why Pursuing a STEM Career is the Best Decision You Could Make"
- "More than a TV Show: Space Exploration, Science Communication, and Social Media"
- "Create a Story Worth Telling: Advice for College Freshman"
- "Don't Aim for Success: Three Pieces of Advice for College Graduates"
- "My Experience as a Woman in STEM"
Presentations can be tailored to various audience demographics and preferences.
If you are interested in booking Emily for speaking please contact Kyell Thomas at Kyell.Thomas@octagon.com.